Introducing The Matamata Christian School Association
Four years later the need for a permanent location led to the present site at 91a Smith Street – purchased for $50.000. December 1991 saw the two classrooms that had been constructed on the previous site shifted on site, and a new beginning with a new name, Matamata Christian School.
In 1997 with a static roll of 30 to 35, in order to allow Christian Schooling at a more affordable cost, the possibility of State integration was pursued, and the process was completed in 1998.
Through this integration process, the Matamata Christian School Association, as the owners and proprietors of the school property, became the integration partners with the Crown and the guardians of the schools Special Christian character.
The functions of the Association are carried out by the Matamata Christian School Association Proprietor Board, a board to Trustees who are elected from amongst the members of the Association.
State integration requires the school to teach the national curriculum. This function is the responsibility of the schools BOT (Board of Trustees) which is elected tri-annually from amongst the school community.
Alongside this, the school is also contractually required to evidence it's special Christian character throughout all that it does. A requirement with which it is happy to oblige.
Tower Road Christian Preschool:
Following discussions during 2016 with the then owners, Tower Road Christian Preschool Trust, through it's wholly owned subsidiary Matamata Christian Learning Centres Limited, the Association acquired the assets and licence of the preschool and took over operations of it from 1 January 2017. (More on the history of the preschool to come)
At Matamata Christian School Association Inc We Believe
That a child's education is the responsibility of their parents. This is a God–given privilege with which the school will happily partner and assist.
That God should be honoured in all that we do. This includes prayer, study of the Bible and teaching all subjects in the light of God's revelation in Jesus Christ.
That all things have been created and are sustained through the hand, power and care of God.
That it is only through the blessings of the Holy Spirit that our children may come to know Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour and Lord, and this is our prayer for each of them.
Friend of the School Benefits and Responsibilities
- Be asked to regularly pray for the school, it's pupils and staff.
- Be ambassadors for the school to the wider community.
- Receive periodically, newsletters and information about the school and it's activities.
(Anyone can become a Friend of the School. Just fill in the registration form below)
Friend of Matamata Christian School Registration Form
Association Membership Benefits and Responsibilities
As a member of the Matamata Christian School Association, the legal owner of the school with responsibility for the provision and upkeep of the school property and guardianship of it's Special Christian Character, in addition to the above you will:
- Qualify for first priority for enrollment of your children at Matamata Christian School
- Represent those who originally responded to the call from God to establish Matamata Christian School.
- Help to ensure the enduring preservation of the school's core values and purpose.
- Hold the Association Proprietor Board accountable for good governance of the school.
- Help to ensure the ongoing life and vitality of the Association by attracting other like minded people to become members.
- Be the “guardian“ of the school's special Christian character.
Membership is open to persons over 18 years of age who:
- Are regular attendees of a mainline Christian Church
- Indicate clearly their acceptance of Christ personally as their Saviour and Lord
- Are leading lives compatible with Christian principles
- Accept the principles of the Constitution of the Matamata Christian School Association (Downloadable adjacent)
Membership is free and you can resign at any time.
To apply for membership of the Matamata christian School Association please download and complete the application form adjacent.